1838 case skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

crackheadbob

how do i diagnose if the pump or twin pump is shot. the motor runs fine but i have no drive or hydralics for bucket up or down. any help appreciated

jerry

I think it is the drive coupling between the engine and the pumps that is bad. You will have to determine whether or not the pump shaft turns when the engine turns. I remember reading about the splines in the case coupling tending to strip out over time.

OP
OP
C

crackheadbob

I think it is the drive coupling between the engine and the pumps that is bad. You will have to determine whether or not the pump shaft turns when the engine turns. I remember reading about the splines in the case coupling tending to strip out over time.
is the only way to determine if couplings are stripped is to take pump out . i can find an inspection plate. i guess taking the motor out is the easiest way to work on this stuff. i have a 783 and s185 bobcat which seem to be easier to work on.

Tazza

Staff member
is the only way to determine if couplings are stripped is to take pump out . i can find an inspection plate. i guess taking the motor out is the easiest way to work on this stuff. i have a 783 and s185 bobcat which seem to be easier to work on.
It may be the only way to see. Can you pull the engine back a few inches after un-doing the mounting bolts? As long as you can get it back far enough to inspect the drive splines.