1700 series mustang stopped

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rezmotorcycle

Was using the mustang at a neighbor's yard , when it started vibrating very much, then sounded like a knock , then it got to run real smoothly. when that happened i ha no lift or tilt in the bucket and no forward or reverse. I suspected the hydraulic pump, but if that went out the belt would still be turning. when it quit moving and lifting the lack of vibration was amazing. I am thinking it was /is the ring and pinion that drive the pump and belt. Any help would be appreciated Brian

flyerdan

Moved to the Mustang forum in case someone has fixed a similar problem.
I'm not at all familiar with this one, but what I was able to read sound like it has a kind of torque converter running the drives, so by the way you describe it, it sounds like something turned loose in the bell housing.

OP
OP
R

Rezmotorcycle

Moved to the Mustang forum in case someone has fixed a similar problem.
I'm not at all familiar with this one, but what I was able to read sound like it has a kind of torque converter running the drives, so by the way you describe it, it sounds like something turned loose in the bell housing.
Well I found out the 2 gears inside the box that runs the main hyd pump and belt drive are bad. i also see that the john deere 170 and JD24 appear to have the same box. the gears are not available however and i have scoured the internet looking for the gears . the only company I found have a multitude of gears of this style, but I lack the knowledge of pitch etc. to determine what I need to order. I am going to see if I can send them both gears and see if they n=can match it up. in side dimeter width of the total gears can be machined to fit with a lathe and mill. (which I have access to) will keep you posted

Bigg_Billy

Well I found out the 2 gears inside the box that runs the main hyd pump and belt drive are bad. i also see that the john deere 170 and JD24 appear to have the same box. the gears are not available however and i have scoured the internet looking for the gears . the only company I found have a multitude of gears of this style, but I lack the knowledge of pitch etc. to determine what I need to order. I am going to see if I can send them both gears and see if they n=can match it up. in side dimeter width of the total gears can be machined to fit with a lathe and mill. (which I have access to) will keep you posted
If you have access to a good machine shop, guys can put beads of weld on the spaces and grind new teeth...