12-22 /12-23 code

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcatgrant

Hi , I'm getting the 12-22 code, and not as frequent the 12-23. Is this telling me the paddle switch on the right stick is going bad? If so, tips on how to replace if needed. Also ive noticed this winter now that after a wet snow or operating in wet snow that the next day i go to use it , I have to rock the machine to "free it up" to get it moving even after a good warmup. Thoughts ?

bobbie-g

A bit hard to troubleshoot without more info. Machine model and configuration? How cold is it? Water in chain case that might have frozen? :) ---Bobbie-G

OP
OP
B

bobcatgrant

2002 753g 3400 hrs -oops sorry about that
Still was getting the code after i turn the aux hyd on after a short while. I have a western plow attached to the aux for blade angle. After awhile the blade will start moving itself without touching thumb(for/rev) button on the rh stick. So I took it apart and it was a little dusty but not bad. Blew it out with some air and squirted some wd 40 up n there. Seemed to work better. Is the switch failing? If so can that rotary switch just be replaced? didnt seem like it could come out. I see the replacement is the whole control. Which is quite pricey I might add. Surely somone has come accross this before. Thanks in advance as some feedback would be appreciated.

bobbie-g

Still was getting the code after i turn the aux hyd on after a short while. I have a western plow attached to the aux for blade angle. After awhile the blade will start moving itself without touching thumb(for/rev) button on the rh stick. So I took it apart and it was a little dusty but not bad. Blew it out with some air and squirted some wd 40 up n there. Seemed to work better. Is the switch failing? If so can that rotary switch just be replaced? didnt seem like it could come out. I see the replacement is the whole control. Which is quite pricey I might add. Surely somone has come accross this before. Thanks in advance as some feedback would be appreciated.
I had an AHS or was it AHC machine, hand controls only, no foot controls. Fly by wire only. One of the thumb switches became intermittent. I managed to do what you did, disassembled where it wasn't meant to be disassembled, cleaned out the electronic part of the switch, and that worked for me. I used the machine exclusively for mowing and brush mulching, a very dusty environment. I always always ran the machine with a heavy duty plastic baggie over each handle. Rather inelegant, but solved the problem. WD40 would probably be OK, but some electronic contact cleaner might work better, followed by gently-applied compressed air. :) ---Bobbie-G