12-16.5 rims and tires on a 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RobPg1967

I know this topic has been brought up before but I would like a refresher and I got some specific Q's 743 comes factory with 10-16.5 rims tires Ive got a chance to buy a good set of 12-16.5 rims and tires mounted. Now my bucket is 60 inches. Will these 12-16.5 tires stick out an inch wider than the bicket on each side ?? Will the height of the machine be affected ?? I dont believe so because the 12 designates the tire width not the height which is the same 16.5. The tread should not rub the loader arms either I believe. I would try them on but I don not want to run the machine to the sellers location. Any help would be great.

skidsteer.ca

Most of those tires are @ 1" taller. So that makes the machine sit higher and theloader will not lower enough to set the bucket flat on the ground. That make digging flat & level tougher.
Aside from if they clear you will reduce your max wheel torque if the tire is taller. Also fitting tracks in the future may be out of the question. Just some things to consider.
Ken

TriHonu

Most of those tires are @ 1" taller. So that makes the machine sit higher and theloader will not lower enough to set the bucket flat on the ground. That make digging flat & level tougher.
Aside from if they clear you will reduce your max wheel torque if the tire is taller. Also fitting tracks in the future may be out of the question. Just some things to consider.
Ken
I have a set of 12" that I run on my 763. Ken is correct, the 12" wide tires are taller. You may have to add the boom spacer to keep the tires from rubbing on the loader arms.
Rims also are made with different offsets. Some rims are also reversible. You will have to take some measurements on your 743. You will need to know the distance from wheel flange to the outside edge of your current tires. Compare that measurement to the rims you want to purchase. That will let you compare whether the new rims will change the width of the track. Also measure your tire height and clearance from the tire face to the back of the loader arms. Compare this to the height of the tires you are looking to buy.
Having wheels wider than the bucket combined with not being able to set your bucket flat on the ground will make it very difficult to grade or make a cut.

OP
OP
RobPg1967

RobPg1967

I have a set of 12" that I run on my 763. Ken is correct, the 12" wide tires are taller. You may have to add the boom spacer to keep the tires from rubbing on the loader arms.
Rims also are made with different offsets. Some rims are also reversible. You will have to take some measurements on your 743. You will need to know the distance from wheel flange to the outside edge of your current tires. Compare that measurement to the rims you want to purchase. That will let you compare whether the new rims will change the width of the track. Also measure your tire height and clearance from the tire face to the back of the loader arms. Compare this to the height of the tires you are looking to buy.
Having wheels wider than the bucket combined with not being able to set your bucket flat on the ground will make it very difficult to grade or make a cut.
Good info guys , think I'll stick with the factory tire size .