08-21 code on Bobcat 864

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jdrouillard

I have an 864 track loader that is displaying a fault code of 08-21 (hyd temp sensor high range). It is displayed immediately after starting. I have changed the sensor at the base of the filter housing, but zero improvement. Any ideas on resolution would be appreciated

OP
OP
J

jdrouillard

Great. Thank you! I have read elsewhere that it could be due to other sensors that share the 8v circuit. I addressed the RHC issue, but am looking into the seat sensor too. The harnesses obviously can be challenging to trace.

TimberBen

Just a thought but alternator? I have a t200. My horn and backup alarm didn't work for a long time. Pulled many hairs out trying to diagnose. Had my alternator checked and it was bad. Put in Napa alternator and it fixed it.

OP
OP
J

jdrouillard

Thanks for the input. I actually replaced the alternator several months ago, which apparently had a short, but no impact on the 08-21 code

Got my answer today for the code…. The fan switch (petionometer) had wires that were burned up. Crazy huh? They re pinned the switch and the code went away.

OP
OP
J

jdrouillard

I think the fan switch on mine has been disconnected, so perhaps that is the issue. Reading elsewhere it seems there are a number of things running off of the 8v circuit that could cause the fault code. I've not spent much time with it for a few weeks, but have trying to read the electrical diagram to figure out what all is operated on this circuit.

Thanks for the tip, I will give it a whirl over the weekend and let you know how it turns out