Thomas 135s

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

krunchkat99

finally got the paint done and some decals on so I'll try to put some pics up. It is a new to me 1998 thomas 135s. The pics will follow soon if cannot attach them now.

skidsteer.ca

Krunch
if you can't get them uploaded here email them to Tazza or I.
You can also upload them to any online phot hosting site (photo bucket etc) then copy the picture (not a thumbnail of it or a link) and paste it in the text box here
Ken at skidsteer.ca

OP
OP
K

krunchkat99

Krunch
if you can't get them uploaded here email them to Tazza or I.
You can also upload them to any online phot hosting site (photo bucket etc) then copy the picture (not a thumbnail of it or a link) and paste it in the text box here
Ken at skidsteer.ca
Thanks Ken, I just e-mailed the pics for you to upload for me, Thanks. Stephen

skidsteer.ca

Thanks Ken, I just e-mailed the pics for you to upload for me, Thanks. Stephen
110_1189.JPG

110_1190.JPG

110_1193.JPG

110_1194.JPG

There ya go. Looks great. it about time we had a nicely restored Thomas on here.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
There ya go. Looks great. it about time we had a nicely restored Thomas on here.
Ken
Very nice job!
Looks like new, how long did it take you to pull it down to paint and re-assemble? or did you manage to paint most of it without pulling things off?

OP
OP
K

krunchkat99

Very nice job!
Looks like new, how long did it take you to pull it down to paint and re-assemble? or did you manage to paint most of it without pulling things off?
I took off the wheels and took the oil cooler out of the back door to do the inside of the door, removed glass from roof window and took out seat and all removable panels from inside. Did alot of sanding with angle grinder. My garage is coated with a nice rusty orange dust. Then I painted the grey and masked it up to do the orange. Took a coupe of weeks worth of evenings. Quite alot of work but fun at the same time.

OP
OP
K

krunchkat99

I took off the wheels and took the oil cooler out of the back door to do the inside of the door, removed glass from roof window and took out seat and all removable panels from inside. Did alot of sanding with angle grinder. My garage is coated with a nice rusty orange dust. Then I painted the grey and masked it up to do the orange. Took a coupe of weeks worth of evenings. Quite alot of work but fun at the same time.
I have no cold weather experience with this machine yet and am wondering how they start in the cold weather without a block heater? It is a 43hp Kabota.

skidsteer.ca

I have no cold weather experience with this machine yet and am wondering how they start in the cold weather without a block heater? It is a 43hp Kabota.
Pretty good for a diesel, if the glow plugs, injectors and compression are all up to par. Say about -15c without a block heater. But do yourself a favour, a 400 watt block heater is 20 to $25 at most auto parts stores, they install in a frost plug on the pto (flywheel) end of the cylinder head. Or look up zerostart online
http://www.zerostart.com/UserFiles/File/ZEROSTART_Catalog_WEB.pdf
and find the part # you need there. The kubota's start on pg 51
Ken

OP
OP
K

krunchkat99

Pretty good for a diesel, if the glow plugs, injectors and compression are all up to par. Say about -15c without a block heater. But do yourself a favour, a 400 watt block heater is 20 to $25 at most auto parts stores, they install in a frost plug on the pto (flywheel) end of the cylinder head. Or look up zerostart online
http://www.zerostart.com/UserFiles/File/ZEROSTART_Catalog_WEB.pdf
and find the part # you need there. The kubota's start on pg 51
Ken
Thanks for the help again Ken.

OP
OP
K

krunchkat99

krunchkat99 - very nice job! Thinking about spraying my 1996 T133S. What type of paint did you use and how has it held up?
Hi, thanks for the comment. I think they called it industrial paint, there are no markings on the cans. It was about $120.00 for the two gallons of paint and 1 gallon of reducer. I just guessed the colors at the paint store, the original orange was a little more redish than I got and the original grey had a blueish tint where my grey has a greenish tint. Once the whole thing is done you don't notice though. It has held up really well, it's been about a year and it still looks the same but I keep it inside when not in use. Good luck with your paint job. Post up some pics when you get it done. Steve

meuch101

Hi, thanks for the comment. I think they called it industrial paint, there are no markings on the cans. It was about $120.00 for the two gallons of paint and 1 gallon of reducer. I just guessed the colors at the paint store, the original orange was a little more redish than I got and the original grey had a blueish tint where my grey has a greenish tint. Once the whole thing is done you don't notice though. It has held up really well, it's been about a year and it still looks the same but I keep it inside when not in use. Good luck with your paint job. Post up some pics when you get it done. Steve
Hello Krunch, I am new here. Not even a member yet. I just wanted to tell you that you did an amazing job on your T135S. I just bought a T135S last week and unfortunately, it has been painted all white. I will work on it next summer to look like yours! I am located in the Montreal area and there is no chance I will do this during winter! Garage is not heated! I am also trying to convert the aux. hydraulic outlets to work remotely. Again, very nice job!

Chris

Skidman

Awesome job on the paint looking to do the same to my 135s next summer. The decals are great where did you get them. Wondering about the battery light inside the panel. It's on and i've put a new battery in it and still on. Wondering if it's the alternator or something else. Do you have the original manuals for it. Need help on this. I've downloaded the 135T manual from the Thomas web site but it's not exactly the info I'm looking for. They dont have the manuals for the 135s. I would appreciate some help on this matter. Thanks