snowblower on an 1840

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ezridr60

Been using the 1840 to plow snow with the dirt bucket. Works OK, probably a few more passes than if using a blade. Been considering a blower. Anyone out there had any experience using a snowblower on these machines.

skidsteer.ca

I sold a 73" to a customer with a 1840 and he has been happy with it. The 1840 does not have real high pressure and flow specs but it will work just fine. Just have to travel a little slower then some of the never machines that have flow in the upper teens and pressure @ 3000.
Also a blower needs to have the hydraulic motors match to the flow of the loader running it, so if you are looking for a used blower try to get one off a machine with simular flow to yours for best results.
Skidsteer.ca

alarmguy

I run a homebrew snowblower on an 1840. I took a 3 pt hitch blower designed to mount on the back of a tractor, put a hydraulic motor on it for the drive and a quick-attach frame to carry it. It would have been pathetic with the standard hydraulic pump. The key to making this work was an upgrade on the hydraulic pump. The pump from a 40XT will fit. All it takes is a new pump drive coupling off the 40XT because the 40XT pump has a different spline than the old 1840 pump and a hydraulic fitting to connect the existing hose to the new pump. I picked my pump up from Surplus Center for about 170.00. The whole conversion took about an hour. The speed the bucket moves at is lots faster and the hydraulic flow goes up to about 25 GPM from about 12. The whole cost was about $250.00

Latest posts