Skid Steer Thomas T173 lifts but bucket does not Tilt to dump bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BigOlThomas

I am struggling with this and I am hoping someone can help me out. I have an old T173 skid steer that I bought for a home project. The pedals to lift the bucket gets stuck, especially at high throttle, after a few foot pounding it eventually responds and will raise up and down. I cannot empty the bucket by tilt (push the toe of the pedal) , I am able to lift the bucket back up if it is in a tilted position. The way I dump the bucket is by raising the bucket high and lowering it while pushing on the tilt pedal at the same time. After doing this a few times the bucket tilts slowly. So dumping a bucket takes about 5 to 6 lifting of the bucket and lowering it. Another way is to reduce the throttle and with the loaded bucket weight, it eventually tilts, however i have to sit there and watch it for 5 minutes. Very frustrating. Any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks.

kroog

I had a similar problem on 2 different skid steers. 1. John Deere 318D. I had to take the foot pedals apart and clean the rust out of the pivot bores. reassembled it and that did the trick. I also sprayed it down with some WD40 to keep it from rerusting. 2. Thomas 243HDS. The previous owner had the pump grenade and got metal into the main control valve scarred the tilt spool and bore. I disassembled it, and honed the bore, polished the spool, but when I reassembled it, I had excess drift, so had to replace the valve. OUCH over $1800 for a used one from Thomas. Wishing you the best of luck. I hope it's the foot treadle.