New to Forum - Please help identify this skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gregsvdub

I am trying to figure out what brand this is. I thought it was an older 9 series Bobcat but the hydraulic connections on the forks is different. I searched for pictures of older brands (Bobcat, Case, Gehl, New Holland, MF, Ford, etc.) but I can't find anything like it. If you know can you let me know please. I put pictures in an album labeled Unknown Skid Steer and my profile pic is of this model. Thanks!

SkidRoe

Looks like a Bobcat M970, that somebody has built a new boom and ROPs for. Do you know what engine is in it?
Obviously the wheels are non-standard too.
It is weird that the pumps are at the back. Usually, Bobcat put the engine at the back.
Is there any name plates on it at all?
Cheers - SR

OP
OP
gregsvdub

gregsvdub

Looks like a Bobcat M970, that somebody has built a new boom and ROPs for. Do you know what engine is in it?
Obviously the wheels are non-standard too.
It is weird that the pumps are at the back. Usually, Bobcat put the engine at the back.
Is there any name plates on it at all?
Cheers - SR
The engine is a Deutz and it also has a Vickers hydraulic pump. I added pictures of those nameplates just now. No other markings or identifiers that I can find. As for the wheels, I was thinking they were turned around to make it more narrow but maybe they aren't standard, not sure.

SkidRoe

The engine is a Deutz and it also has a Vickers hydraulic pump. I added pictures of those nameplates just now. No other markings or identifiers that I can find. As for the wheels, I was thinking they were turned around to make it more narrow but maybe they aren't standard, not sure.
I can't find the pictures of the name plate pictures that you mention.
Deutz engine is a mystery - most 9XX Bocat machines used Perkins engines, with the 975 using John Deere and the 980 using a Cummins.
Wish I could help - SR

flyerdan

I can't find the pictures of the name plate pictures that you mention.
Deutz engine is a mystery - most 9XX Bocat machines used Perkins engines, with the 975 using John Deere and the 980 using a Cummins.
Wish I could help - SR
It definitely has the Bobcat livery, maybe someone took the shell and made a bodgers special with what they had available.
I'd suggest taking a wheelbase measurement and comparing against published data. There would be no use in taking height or width measurements, because they would be predicated on factory wheels, not redrilled truck duals.

OP
OP
gregsvdub

gregsvdub

It definitely has the Bobcat livery, maybe someone took the shell and made a bodgers special with what they had available.
I'd suggest taking a wheelbase measurement and comparing against published data. There would be no use in taking height or width measurements, because they would be predicated on factory wheels, not redrilled truck duals.
Thanks for trying! I will measure the wheelbase as suggested, thanks for that.