Mustang 552 parking brake not engaging

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

woody2010

Just got my first skidsteer and quickly realized that the parking brake doesn't work. There is no tension at all. I purchased a service manual for this model but it didn't problem as much detail as I was expecting for a rookie. Once it warms up a little bit I'll tear into it. Anyone have any experience with this issue and willing to provide some insight?

foton

this might be apples and oranges but I fixed a bobcat 743b that had that same issue . And it was just a adjustment on the brake linkage, I do not think it was ever moved since new cause that nut was really frozen on the adjustment shaft. that machine was made in 92 and that was done in 2019 soooo, it was overdue! it is funny to me how some of the most simple adjustments are overlooked by being lazy to a fault! sorry snowflakes!

OP
OP
W

woody2010

this might be apples and oranges but I fixed a bobcat 743b that had that same issue . And it was just a adjustment on the brake linkage, I do not think it was ever moved since new cause that nut was really frozen on the adjustment shaft. that machine was made in 92 and that was done in 2019 soooo, it was overdue! it is funny to me how some of the most simple adjustments are overlooked by being lazy to a fault! sorry snowflakes!
It doesn't appear to be the main linkage. I suspect I'll have to remove the side cover to be able to see the the linkage further down.