LS125 to bobtach adapter?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tom Brown

Does anyone make an adapter for the LS120/125 to allow it to use standard bobtach implements? I understand the weight limitations of the machine but I'd like to pick up a Bradco trencher.

skidsteer.ca

Tom
Stay away from a 625 bradco, thats about all my ls160 wants to lift.
Have you checked your flow (gpm) an pressure to see if you pump will run a trencher?
My 553 only had 8 gpm and 1600 psi (I bumped it to 2000), but it could barely lift my trencher on flat ground, and did not have the pump to turn it. We have new blank quick attaches available if you want one to adapt your 120.
Ken

Earthwerks Unlimited

Tom
Stay away from a 625 bradco, thats about all my ls160 wants to lift.
Have you checked your flow (gpm) an pressure to see if you pump will run a trencher?
My 553 only had 8 gpm and 1600 psi (I bumped it to 2000), but it could barely lift my trencher on flat ground, and did not have the pump to turn it. We have new blank quick attaches available if you want one to adapt your 120.
Ken
I'm not sure I've seen a machine like yours up close, but would a trencher or any attachment for that matter from a compact skid loader work? I'm thinking a Toro Dingo or a Bobcat walk-behind (MT-50???)

OP
OP
Tom Brown

Tom Brown

I'm not sure I've seen a machine like yours up close, but would a trencher or any attachment for that matter from a compact skid loader work? I'm thinking a Toro Dingo or a Bobcat walk-behind (MT-50???)
Thanks, Ken. The error here is mine. I was looking at Bradco 617 and Boxer 36 mini skid steer trencher. I was confused as to the specs of each. While I can find a used Bradco 617 at an amazing price, I will look at the Boxer which does not seem available used. The boxer is light enough for my little LS125 to lift and is rated for 4.2 gpm.

OP
OP
Tom Brown

Tom Brown

Thank you, Earthwerks. Those are the implements I have been looking at. I don't want to break my toy machine with a grown up implement.

Earthwerks Unlimited

Thank you, Earthwerks. Those are the implements I have been looking at. I don't want to break my toy machine with a grown up implement.
As Murphy's Law would have it I sold my Case DH-5 trencher backhoe a few years ago. I had it set up for 9" x 5'---but it could be set up for trenching 18" wide in a single pass! Weighed a healthy 8,000 lb. Got it for $1000 and sold it for $4500--and made $3500 with it. (boy I wish more deals like that happened more often!)
Of course, I need one now.
I'm going to use my pallet forks slid together to dig a 70' x 24" trench and then have my helper clean out the trench. It's all clay and just takes too long to hand-dig it. And it doesn't kill the helper. A mini-excavator will cost me double to triple what the helper gets. He's happy. I'm happy.
The economy has closed yet another rental shop here.

Latest posts