Intro, new to me Bobcat S150

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dsaw

I just picked up a 2010 Army surplus Bobcat S150 with 1364 hrs. 1st time owner of a skid steer. Looks like it sat for 5-7 years. Took a few days to get it off the trailer. 1st the parking brake was frozen, had to back it up a bit and cycle the brake a few times. Then it had water in the fuel and died after I finally got the brake fixed. So I pumped the tank out and added fresh fuel and a new filter/separator. After much venting and cranking, it finally fired up and I was able to get it off the trailer. 2 issues I have now are A) the idler pully on the fan belt is flopping, but I haven't spent much time trying to figure out how to get to that yet. B) When I pull the the rubber plug on the injection pump, it's empty inside. It looks like everything is coated in oil. I'm assuming I'm supposed to fill it with motor oil, but it's not covered in the user manual I downloaded from Bobcat, can't find anything in the archives of this site, pdf's of the Kubota V2203-M-DI, or any random google search. Most posts I found talk about how the pump can be lubed with the engine's lube system, the diesel flowing through it, or external oil. I'm guessing this one I have to add oil, but would like some confirmation. Next up will be changing oil and filter, then hydro filter.