High Oil Pressure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jackmurphy87

Hi I have a Hydra Mac 9C Skidsteer Loader with a 2 cylinder water cooled Isuzu engine does anybody know what the oil pressure should be on this engine as I have just serviced it and when started oil pressure gauge goes right round! Any help appreciated!

OldMachinist

I don't have any specs on the 2 cylinder Isuzu but most engines run around 20 psi at idle and 50-70 psi at full throttle after they're warmed up. First I'd check that the sender wire isn't grounded somewhere to causing the gauge to go high. Then I'd put a mechanical gauge in place of the sender to verify the oil pressure. If the oil presuure is truly high then the relief valve in the oil pump is likely stuck. Running it with extremly high oil pressure can blow the oil filter open.

OP
OP
J

jackmurphy87

I don't have any specs on the 2 cylinder Isuzu but most engines run around 20 psi at idle and 50-70 psi at full throttle after they're warmed up. First I'd check that the sender wire isn't grounded somewhere to causing the gauge to go high. Then I'd put a mechanical gauge in place of the sender to verify the oil pressure. If the oil presuure is truly high then the relief valve in the oil pump is likely stuck. Running it with extremly high oil pressure can blow the oil filter open.
Thanks for the advice mate will give it a go and let u know how I get on!