GEHL 7600 RIGHT SIDE SLOW

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ess3489

I just bought an older 2003 gehl 7600 3200 hours. starts right up sounds good. Only issue is the right side is much weaker then the left. Low idle the left side turns on a dime great power. Low idle the right side will either barely turn or turn slow and then stop turning. When i push the throttle up to 80% or so both sides seem to have good power. The right side is a little slower but not as noticeable. Both sides will spin if I push into a pile of dirt at high idle. The right side just has very low power with the throttle set to 50% or less. Any suggestions or a place to start? Could it be the brakes on one side are on and it is fighting the brakes or is this a pump drive motor issue?

OP
OP
E

ess3489

One other thing to add. The slow side chain case was also full of oil. It was suppose to have 3 gallons I bet I drained out 12-15 gallons. So there is a leak somewhere allowing oil to enter the chain case. Would this leak cause that side to loose pressure and that's why it's slow?

OP
OP
E

ess3489

One other thing to add. The slow side chain case was also full of oil. It was suppose to have 3 gallons I bet I drained out 12-15 gallons. So there is a leak somewhere allowing oil to enter the chain case. Would this leak cause that side to loose pressure and that's why it's slow?

OP
OP
E

ess3489

Would the drive motor seal out on that side create the low power on that same side? I'm hoping these are related and it's the seal causing lack of power as well as oil in the case drain

brdgbldr

Would the drive motor seal out on that side create the low power on that same side? I'm hoping these are related and it's the seal causing lack of power as well as oil in the case drain
Not familiar with your machine but a blown seal could cause some loss of power.

However, did the seal fail because of old age or is something wrong with the motor to cause the seal to blow out?

River Fluid Power

Not familiar with your machine but a blown seal could cause some loss of power.

However, did the seal fail because of old age or is something wrong with the motor to cause the seal to blow out?
The seal is most likely leaking due to internal wear and/or damage in the motor. A leaking seal by itself is not always a sign of a weak motor, but the leak and loss of power together point to the motor needing servicing.

AJ-17

My T133S had the same issue of slowly filling the chain case with oil. After 100 hours of use would drain 6 gallons of the 8 gallons out of the hydraulic tank to the chain case. Removed the char-Lynn drive motor, turns out the rebuild kit is $2800.00 and 22 weeks out. New motor is a few hundred more and can get one in a week or two. Just found this out today.

River Fluid Power

My T133S had the same issue of slowly filling the chain case with oil. After 100 hours of use would drain 6 gallons of the 8 gallons out of the hydraulic tank to the chain case. Removed the char-Lynn drive motor, turns out the rebuild kit is $2800.00 and 22 weeks out. New motor is a few hundred more and can get one in a week or two. Just found this out today.
@AJ-17 That seems steep! Do you have the model number for the motor? I can possibly get you a motor cheaper, and parts are possible as well.

AJ-17

The motor is a Char-Lynn 112-1160-006. I have contacted Al at Thomas and he is going to find out a price for a complete unit.

To answer the question of loss of power, there has not been any loss of power on the right side. It just slowly leaks the hydraulic fluid and probably has since I had this machine all apart in 2010 and maybe before I bought it. Never thought this really needed to be checked, after the rebuild in 2010. The site glass in the engine compartment was not working well to check the level in the hydraulic tank. It always looked the same. Had to remove the breather cap and the screen at the top of the tank to shine a flashlight down into the tank. That was 3 months and 150 hours ago. I have had to add 2 gallons in the 150 hours it has run.
In 2010 there was no hour meter and now it has a little more than 500 hours on it with the new meter. Up until 4 months ago the machine was used about 25 to 50 hours a year. Always stored inside or under cover and to have the hydraulic shop tell me that the pump is not really be rebuildable without replacing all the guts of the pump. I have trusted this shop in the past, but not too sure about this hydraulic motor and them. Not sure what to do.

River Fluid Power

The motor is a Char-Lynn 112-1160-006. I have contacted Al at Thomas and he is going to find out a price for a complete unit.

To answer the question of loss of power, there has not been any loss of power on the right side. It just slowly leaks the hydraulic fluid and probably has since I had this machine all apart in 2010 and maybe before I bought it. Never thought this really needed to be checked, after the rebuild in 2010. The site glass in the engine compartment was not working well to check the level in the hydraulic tank. It always looked the same. Had to remove the breather cap and the screen at the top of the tank to shine a flashlight down into the tank. That was 3 months and 150 hours ago. I have had to add 2 gallons in the 150 hours it has run.
In 2010 there was no hour meter and now it has a little more than 500 hours on it with the new meter. Up until 4 months ago the machine was used about 25 to 50 hours a year. Always stored inside or under cover and to have the hydraulic shop tell me that the pump is not really be rebuildable without replacing all the guts of the pump. I have trusted this shop in the past, but not too sure about this hydraulic motor and them. Not sure what to do.
You could have a bad seal area on the shaft or a bad seal. Or both. The seal carriers bolted to the front of these motors crack sometimes as well.

I can get you a complete motor for $1978.00. You're looking at 1-2 weeks.