Diesel container/for fuel?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

matt00

yes, i got 2 barrels and they both had kerosene and i am looking to use them for diesel fuel. one is better than the other,but they do have some rust/sediment in it. My question is should i just put a filter on the container and use s pump? any ideas would be good thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I guess it depends on how bad it is. I use 20 litre drums with taps to fill my machines. Lift the tin and sit it on the ROPS, attach a hose to the tank, open it up and let it fill. It won't get the last bit of fuel from the bottom so if there are small particles of rust it will not pick them up. As for sediment, thats a little harder as it floats around. It depends on how you get the fuel from your drum, if its a pump, why not attach something like a stocking at the end to filter it before it picks it up? Just an option.

OP
OP
M

matt00

I guess it depends on how bad it is. I use 20 litre drums with taps to fill my machines. Lift the tin and sit it on the ROPS, attach a hose to the tank, open it up and let it fill. It won't get the last bit of fuel from the bottom so if there are small particles of rust it will not pick them up. As for sediment, thats a little harder as it floats around. It depends on how you get the fuel from your drum, if its a pump, why not attach something like a stocking at the end to filter it before it picks it up? Just an option.
Its not to bad,but its not good either. i think if i take or find some old diesel or mabe kerosene and wash is out it will be ok with a 2 filter deal.