Another FNG

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Scuba78

Hello gang, I'm looking through your forum and tons of information. Thanks for sharing by the way. I'm not new to skid steers although the last time I operated one was 96'. I'll make my story short. I started a hot shot business and it was running well, until my diabetes took a turn and I'm on insulin. I decided to wrap it up and sell most of my equipment. Now I'm sitting with a 1-ton and a 35ft goose neck. since some of the dust has cleared, I've been looking at maybe starting a one track loader business. I know it's slow to start, but couldn't a guy offer several different services with the skid steer, to cover slow areas? I'm mainly interested in Under Brush clearing, Refreshing gravel driveways/parking lots, and using a dozer blade to clear paths. B2B and B2C are other areas I'm looking into. I've come up a cost per hour to include all kinds of insurance, repairs, and the list goes on. Everything seems possible, except my concern is obtaining work that first month or two. I wish there was a sure fire method to obtain work on the quick. I guy can dream though, right?

Tazza

Staff member
The startup has to be the hardest part, you need to get a name out there to offer your services.
Advertising is not free, and it never guarantees a return, so it's hard to get some advertising out there to help.
I guess you could always ask around your mates if they or someone they know could be looking for some work to be done.