864 starts and dies after 30 seconds

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Paul Garrison

I just bought this bobcat and this 864 will start right up idles for about 30 seconds and dies. It appears the the low oil pressure light will flash then die. I unplugged the oil pressure sensor and tested with a test light. I have one wire the is dim one that has nothing and one that is ground. I unplugged the oil pressure sensor, started the machine and it ran for 45 minuets and died. I started it again and it ran for 1 hour and died, started again ran for 30 sec. died several times after 30 sec. Plugged it back in starts and dies like from the beginning. I am lost. Paul Garrison 417-536-0900

Tazza

Staff member
Technically, with the oil sender disconnected it shold shut down every 30 seconds as it won't detect pressure and shut off to try and protect the machine.
If it's a G series (triangular lights) With the ignition off, press and hold the lights button and record and codes that flash on the screen where the hours are shown.

bobbie-g

Technically, with the oil sender disconnected it shold shut down every 30 seconds as it won't detect pressure and shut off to try and protect the machine.
If it's a G series (triangular lights) With the ignition off, press and hold the lights button and record and codes that flash on the screen where the hours are shown.
Paul, anything new on this? Is it a G model? Do you know how to check for stored codes? :) ---Bobbie-G

bobbie-g

I believe it is a G model and I know nothing about it. I am trying to figure out how to pull codes now.
Paul, as Tazza said in this thread, press and hold the "lights" button. The codes will flash where the hours are usually displayed.