743 Loosing Hydro Fluid ever since Cold Freeze last winter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Davecolston

Hi guys, I have an Bobcat 763 with a a weird problem. I'd appreciate any help. Last winter, after the weather got down to 8 F here, I came into the shelter to find my B/C 763 had dumpled enormous amounts of hdro fluid onto the floor. The machine was running fine up until then. I'm not that familiar with the machine, but we've looked all over the machine and cannot figure out where the fluid is coming from. I did replace a couple of hoses that were leaking, but the problem continues. I can fill the reservoir full, run through limits with the lift and bucket and operate machine for an hour or so without any problem. There will be an occasional drip, sometimes worse than others, but the machine will operate fine until I shut here down. I'll come back the next morning and once again, it has dumped most of its fluid onto the floor! Any help to isolate and find out how to repair this would be appreciated. Dave

mark18mwm

From the way you describe it, I would say it is leaking from the reservoir after some of the fluid drains back into the tank. If it's not leaking when its running, under pressure, all the hoses and o-rings should be good. When its running, the fluid level is slightly lower (below the leak) in the tank and it's not leaking. Shut it off (after you refilled it) and some fluid drains back to the tank, to level above the leak (cracked tant/ o-ring etc) and it runs out. Dumb question, but are you sure your not overfilling it? I don't know if that is your problem, just where I would start looking. There must be a wet spot where its leaking or if the machine is dirty a spot washed clean by the leaking fluid.

Master Gardener

From the way you describe it, I would say it is leaking from the reservoir after some of the fluid drains back into the tank. If it's not leaking when its running, under pressure, all the hoses and o-rings should be good. When its running, the fluid level is slightly lower (below the leak) in the tank and it's not leaking. Shut it off (after you refilled it) and some fluid drains back to the tank, to level above the leak (cracked tant/ o-ring etc) and it runs out. Dumb question, but are you sure your not overfilling it? I don't know if that is your problem, just where I would start looking. There must be a wet spot where its leaking or if the machine is dirty a spot washed clean by the leaking fluid.
Hi, I have the same problem, but it happens when it is running. It is like too much pressure building up and then letting go and all the oil leaks out. Don't know where to look so any help in this matter much appreciated. Thank you. Robert

Tazza

Staff member
Hi, I have the same problem, but it happens when it is running. It is like too much pressure building up and then letting go and all the oil leaks out. Don't know where to look so any help in this matter much appreciated. Thank you. Robert
Where is your oil leaking out to?
It's common for the seal between motor and reduction boxes to leak into the chain case.